Carnival 2014 - Vivacious dancers, kaleidoscopic parades and uber-cool dogs
Carnival, the festive season preceding the season of Lent, is marked by gaiety, celebration and parades. Masquerades, street parties and thumping music characterise the processions as streets turn into spectacles of colour.
Carnival is usually celebrated in places with a Catholic majority with the exception of the Philippines, which has borrowed its rituals mostly from neighbouring Asian countries.
An interesting sidelight of the celebrations every year is in the form of pets decked up in their Carnival best. Who can resist such cuteness?
Últimas Galerías de Fotos
1 - 6 de 100
- Brasil y Colombia intensifican lazos … AFP Video - Hace 32 minutos
- Alerta amarilla por volcán Cotopaxi … AFP Video - Hace 2 horas 8 minutos
- Dilma Rousseff se reúne con presidente … AFP Video - Hace 4 horas
- Acosador graba las partes intimas de … Yahoo Latinoamérica Originales - Hace 5 horas
- Llevó a su pareja a la casa del terror … Yahoo Latinoamérica Originales - Hace 5 horas