Carnival 2014 - Vivacious dancers, kaleidoscopic parades and uber-cool dogs
Carnival, the festive season preceding the season of Lent, is marked by gaiety, celebration and parades. Masquerades, street parties and thumping music characterise the processions as streets turn into spectacles of colour.
Carnival is usually celebrated in places with a Catholic majority with the exception of the Philippines, which has borrowed its rituals mostly from neighbouring Asian countries.
An interesting sidelight of the celebrations every year is in the form of pets decked up in their Carnival best. Who can resist such cuteness?
1 - 8 de 8
- Discapacitados contra los tests físicos … Zoomin.TV - Hace 18 minutos
- La captura de “La Tuta”, el ágil capo … AFP Video - Hace 13 minutos
- Miles despiden al opositor asesinado … AFP Video - Hace 2 horas 12 minutos
- Kerry: 'En Ucrania se está torturando … Zoomin.TV - Hace 3 horas
- Juan Manuel Santos sueña con la paz … Zoomin.TV - Hace 3 horas